Last Updated on July 16, 2022 by azamqasim92
Using a Netgear router is all fun. However, it could turn into a nightmare when malware attacks your WiFi network. Apart from that, hackers and cyber threats put your privacy at risk. That can put you in compromising situations. You can keep everything like this at a halt by simply activating the Netgear armor subscription feature on your Netgear router.
Activation of the Netgear armor subscription is possible using two methods. They are mentioned below. You can simply scroll through them and know which method is for you. With that said, let’s go through each method one by method for a better understanding. Keep reading.
Using Web Interference
To use this method to activate the Nighthawk armor subscription, you need a computer and a working internet connection. Once you have that, you can follow the below-given steps.
- Connect your computer or laptop to a power source and turn it on.
- Make sure your computer has a consistent power supply.
- Open a web browser on your system.
- However, it should have the latest version.
- Sometimes, older versions do not support a particular website or a web page.
- Enter the official web address (armor.netgear.com) in the address bar.
- In case you are asked to enter your Netgear account details, use them to Sign in.
- Once you are logged in, make sure you Allow the prompted messages.
- This permits the Netgear armor subscription to collect your data.
- After that, move to My Subscriptions from the Menu bar.
- There you have to click the Activation Code.
- Enter the code that you have or received.
- After that, click on the Activation button to activate the Netgear armor subscription feature.
Via Nighthawk App
To use this method, you need a smartphone and a Nighthawk app. Download the app from the respective online store. For Android users, Google Play Store is the online store and for Apple users, Apple Play Store.
After that, you can get through the following steps.
- Open your mobile phone and run the Nighthawk app.
- Login by using your Netgear account username and password.
- After that, go to the Security option present on the dashboard.
- Choose Launch Armor Portal from the menu.
- Once it opens, you should choose the My Subscriptions option.
- After that, you need to enter the Activation Code.
- Press the Activation Code button after entering the required information.
- That’s it! Your Netgear armor subscription has been activated.
Checklist for Netgear Armor Subscription Activation
- You need to have a stable internet connection to access the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Make sure that the device you are using is up to date.
- Furthermore, keep a check on the web browser you are using.
- Remove cookies and cache from the web browser you use.
- The power supply cable should be in perfect health.
- It must not have any cuts or be worn out.
- Furthermore, the power outlet should not be loose or blackened out.
- Ensure that you know your login credentials.
- Without having the correct login details, you can’t log in to your router.
- You should activate the armor subscription after completing the Netgear Nighthawk setup.
- Moreover, you should check the internet speed before initiating the activation process.
With technological advancements, online threats have become quite common. Therefore, you need to have a strong barrier between your data and malware on the web. That is where the Netgear armor subscription comes to your rescue.
With the activation of this feature, your router’s WiFi connection stays protected. After the activation, you get a free trial for 30 days. After that, you can easily activate the service. You can do that either before the free trial expires or after it gets completed.