Last Updated on March 21, 2023 by asifa
Kitchen handles are among the small things that get overlooked. However, the impact of a carefully chosen kitchen handle on your kitchen atmosphere may surprise you. For example, changing the grip of an old cabinet from dull stainless to gold kitchen handles can give it a new classic look.
Kitchen handles are not just for aesthetics but for a purpose. And so, it is important to know what you need to prioritize.
Quality of The Material Comes First
Before purchasing that porcelain kitchen handle, ask yourself how many times you will open that cabinet or drawer? Will the handle hold properly for a long time? It would be best if you also considered its functionality.
The Style and Design
Not all handles work for all types of kitchen cabinets or pantry cupboards. Materials vary, and you should choose what is best suited to avoid an awkward look in your kitchen.
For example, a dark wooden cabinet may not look good with a purple handle made of plastic. But it can be stunning with a silver or gold kitchen handle made of brass.
There are also different types of handles that you can choose.
- Bar handle: It is one of the most popular, especially for minimalists. This type of handle is practical and effortlessly sophisticated.
- Knob handle: It is a classic. This style is practical to use on high cabinets, making it easier to open them.
- This type of handle is more flexible when it comes to materials used. You can choose from steel, ceramic, brass, porcelain, glass, wood, and plastic.
- Bow handle: It has a curved design. When choosing this, brass, metal, or copper is the most advisable material.
- Cup handle: It looks like a half-cup. This type is best suited for a traditional kitchen design. Again, metal material is advisable for this.
- Handleless: or Edge Profiles are mostly built-in. The idea is for your cabinets and drawers to have no visible handles. It can give your cabinets a sleek and modern look.
- Customized: This type of handle is good if you want to be more artistic. However, since it is custom-made, it can be more pricey than other designs.
The Kitchen Handle Size
Note that not all kitchen handles sizes fit all. Make sure to measure your cabinet or think about how the handle will look once installed.
Using a big knob handle on a small drawer may look off.
Considering The All-over Look and Vibe of Your Kitchen
While your kitchen handles look good on your drawer, they may look awkward in the bigger picture. It is important not to ignore that your cabinet and drawers are part of a room and should also blend in.
For example, porcelain kitchen knobs with colourful flower patterns will look amazing on your oak wood drawer. However, it may not match if your countertop has printed tiles.
If this is the case, the safest solution is to stick with traditional colours or designs. Gold, silver, bronze, black, and the likes are always the best choice. Experimenting with a mix-and-match design is good, but it is important to know when to stop if you want to make it work. For instance, if you feel like your kitchen handles give your kitchen a chaotic vibe, it may be time to get a new one.