Online proctored testing software generally authorizes educators to construct online assessments in the Learning Management System (LMS), picking the appropriate proctoring software required, and setting the assessment controls and rules. The steps below clarify how educators can execute proctored digital proctoring services with a combined online proctoring resolution, which integrates the advantages of AI proctoring with live online assessment representatives.
Form the online examination using LMS
Educators construct the online assessment test in the LMS as they commonly accomplish, and Honorlock’s proctored assessment software automatically organizes all the crucial details through the integration.
Pick proctored testing software
There exists numerous online proctored testing software that invigilators can select to operate, such as smartphone detection, audio detection, lockdown browser, and ID authentication.
Specify the examination regulations, policies, and accommodations
Proctors can create rules and regulations for the proctored assessment test, such as avoiding talking and using secondary instruments and permitting certain websites. Educators can offer accommodations for certain candidates such as an extended period to complete the examination and some practical technologies such as calculators are allowed.
Candidate ID verification
The candidate will use their image ID to confirm their originality in roughly 60-seconds to avoid any warnings. The proctoring software catches the area on the candidate’s ID with their picture to affirm their individuality.
Candidates meet the proctored online assessment test
Candidates can then launch the proctored online assessment test by login in from the LMS like they generally do and finishing the assessment test. If candidates have any problems, they can contact the support system present on the testing medium without leaving the examination.
Review results of the proctored assessment tests
Remote proctors will examine the testing system and advise the administrator related to any possible breaches and deliver precise insights that are easy to read.
Important proctored testing features
Some of the common features of a proctored testing software are:
- Browser lockdown software
- Videotape proctoring
- Audio supervising and voice observation
- Candidate ID authentication
- Examination reporting
Except for the generally used proctored testing, components noted overhead, some systems and online proctoring services offer a combination of extra characteristics such as:
- Live Pop-in: This attribute is an excellent combination of AI or automated proctoring and live online proctoring. AI observes the candidate for possible unfair means and warns a remote live invigilator to join the candidate’s proctored examination system in real-time to handle any problems.
- Smart Audio Detection: Advanced AI proceeds further and above ordinary voice detection by hearing for precise keywords or terms, such as “Hey Siri” while letting candidates who want to read out loud the capability to do so without being warned.
- Smartphone detection: This patented proctored testing service notices if a candidate tries to use a smartphone and other secondary gadgets to approach the question bank content during the assessment test and can catch a screen recording to offer proof of the unfair means.
- Online paper-based assessment invigilation: The software offers the capability for proctors to modify examination controls and includes messages for the remote representatives to permit scratch paper and any authorized items, such as a calculator or textbook, to finish the examination. This way, examination proctors have a detailed set of rules and regulations and don’t necessarily have to pop in and interrupt the candidate during the assessment test. You can also invigilate any online original examination activities such as exhibitions, demonstrations, and the use of real software to achieve an assignment.
What are the advantages of online invigilation?
Online proctored testing is a resource for candidates and teachers
A typical misunderstanding about online proctored examination is that it’s only objective is to detect candidates that are involved in unfair means. Regardless, online proctoring should be noticed as a valuable resource for candidates and teachers because it supports and provide suitable testing surroundings and offers help to finish the examination if any problems appear. The proctored examination also offers invigilators confidence that their online examinations are protected and can even save time in the assessment process.
Online proctoring safeguards educational integrity, reputation, and accreditation
Prestige is everything and if the educational integrity of the online examination isn’t covered, the reputation of the schedules and organization can suffer. Institutes encounter the challenging job of balancing comfort for candidates and faculty while still protecting the safety of their online assessment tests. Online proctored testing sets organizations apart by safeguarding educational integrity and offering comfort and flexibility for both candidates and teachers without surrendering safety.
Additionally, conducting bodies need to know that an organization’s programs and online proctoring services are academically useful. Many organizations that acquire specific funding are required to verify candidates’ originality through one or more of the following forms: online proctoring, the latest technologies to confirm and establish identity, and safe login and password through the LMS.
No scheduling headaches
Some online proctored services allow the candidate to schedule their examinations at a time that works for their schedule – 24/7/365. They can also modify the scheduled examination day/time if needed with no added fees.
Online proctoring is safe and saves candidates’ privacy
Organizations examine to associate with online proctoring services that they can authorize to safeguard candidate privacy and sustain the most elevated measures of educational integrity. Online proctoring testing, such as Honorlock, observes strict security criteria to safeguard data and privacy.
Proctored examination reporting allows proctors to understand candidate behavior
As more academic technologies are used in digital understanding conditions, students and faculty expect speedy turnaround moments for online examinations. In addition to faster review time, educators need precise reporting about candidate test-taking behavior that’s comfortable to read.
What is the kind of online invigilation?
The typical type of digital proctoring services and software contains a range of characteristics that observe candidate behavior, control cheating, authenticate candidate identity, and offer detailed reporting. This prevents candidates from accessing websites, applications, and keyboard operations during the proctored assessment test. It’s crucial to note that browser locks are a starting point for online assessment proctoring but they lack crucial elements that completely address educational dishonesty.