Last Updated on July 25, 2023 by asifa
Python is a high-level, dynamic, interpreted programming language that makes it easy to create a wide range of applications. It is used heavily in areas of web applications, video games, Data Science, Machine Learning, real-time apps, embedded programs. We’ll delve a little further and discover 12 amazing real-world uses for Python in this post.
1. AI and ML
The second most used language on GitHub is Python, which is also the top language for machine learning. It is the ideal programming language for handling the demanding computations that keep the AI & ML systems operating.
Popular libraries include:
- TensorFlow – Machine Learning tasks, especially Deep Neural Networks
- Pandas – data analysis and manipulation
- SciPy – scientific and technical computing.
- Scikit-Learn – working with different Machine Learning models
- Keras – Artificial Neural Networks
Please go through our blog post about AI & ML Career Path for an interesting overview.
2. CAD & Animation Software
- Python has also successfully dominated the CAD industry with its widely used and effective products, like Fandango, PythonCAD, FreeCAD, Blender, and Vintech RCAM.
- These programs include several features that are considered industry standards, including macro recording, workbenches, robot simulation, sketchers, support for importing and exporting files in multiple formats, technical drawing modules, and more.
3. Operating System
- One of the numerous programming languages used by Linux-based operating systems is Python.
- Two well-known examples of Python’s use in the real world are the Python-built Ubiquity Installer from Ubuntu and the Anaconda Installer from Red Hat Enterprise.
- Portage, the package management system for Gentoo Linux and Google’s Chrome OS, is also created with Python.
4. Web Development
- Python is one of the most widely used programming languages for web development since it includes many frameworks (Flask, Django, Pyramid, and Bottle)
- Content management systems (CMS) are designed to make the life of a web developer. easier are also well-maintained (Django CMS, Plone CMS, and Wagtail)
- Provides out-of-the-box support for several web protocols, including HTML, XML, commonly used e-mail protocols and FTP.
Read our discussion post regarding Django Architecture that will aid you in Python driven web development.
5. Desktop GUIs
- Python’s understandable syntax and modular programming style are essential for developing a very quick and responsive GUI while simplifying the entire development process.
- Some of the numerous tools for Python GUI development include PyQt, Tkinter, Python GTK+, wxWidgets, and Kivy.
6. Computer Vision and Image Processing
- OpenCV, Scikit-Image, and the Python Imaging Library are a few of the well-known Python image processing libraries (PIL).
- GIMP, Corel PaintShop, Blender, and Houdini are more examples of Python-based image editing programs that are more widely used.
- The self-driven cars and auto-detecting cameras is a revolution started and led by Python.
7. Web Scraping
- Building and utilizing Web scrapers are much simpler than using Python’s basic code. PythonRequest, BeautifulSoup, MechanicalSoup, Selenium, and a few more are a few examples of the tools used by web scrapers.
- Web scrapers are frequently employed in table extraction, gathering news reports, research and analysis, price trackers, machine learning initiatives, sentiment analysis in social media, and almost every real-world endeavour that gains from access to a sizable data store.
Take our beginner friendly web-scraping course and automate tasks on the web.
8. Natural Language Processing
- One of the most typical applications for Python is NLP.
- A lot of narration, language synthesis and text-to-speech (TTS) rely heavily on this.
- It can also be applied to huge chunks of texts – imagine scenarios like sorting lines, extracting content, reformatting paragraphs, etc.
9. Audio and Video Manipulation
- Libraries like Pyo, pyAudioAnalysis, Dejavu, and many more can easily handle tasks like fundamental signal processing, creative audio editing, audio identification, and more.
- For video processing, Python provides several libraries that may be used to edit and prepare videos for usage in other programs, including Scikit-video, OpenCV, and SciPy.
- Python is used to create well-known audio and video programs like Spotify, Netflix, and YouTube.
10. Game Development
- Many 2D and 3D game production libraries that make this possible are PyGame, Pycap, Construct, Panda3D, PySoy, and PyOpenGL.
- One of the most popular shooters of the early 2000s, Battlefield 2, was created using Python
- Python has been used to create several other contemporary hit games, including Eve Online, Sims 4, World of Tanks, and Civilization IV.
11. Data Science
- There are a few libraries, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, and SciPy, that are dedicated to building and optimizing Deep Learning and Machine Learning models while carrying out extensive data crunching and data manipulation.
- The Python environment now has an abundance of libraries, especially for visualizations. The most popular data visualization tools are Plotly, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Ggplot, and Geoplotlib.
Read our article on Why Freshers are in demand for the trade of Data Science.
12. Embedded Applications
- Python makes making embedded applications easier with the help of libraries like Zerynth, PyMite, MicroPython, and EmbeddedPython.
- Examples of the various devices that may be controlled using Python include industrial robots, phones, Raspberry Pi, and digital cameras.
- It can also be utilized in firmware for a device as an abstraction layer, with C/C++ handling the system-level aspects.
In this article, we saw 12 fascinating Python applications which further prove that it is a very powerful and adaptable programming language that is quickly gaining favor with programmers from a variety of industries. Due to its extensive ecosystem of varied libraries, it is amazing that it can be used for almost any subject.
Want to build cool applications in Python that you can showcase on your resume?
Enroll in our Python courses and level up your technical skills. We provide you the chance to work on a range of actual industrial projects and get practical experience while being supervised by top experts. You will get a completion certificate, complete placement support and an opportunity to take your next career leap.