It’s the wedding season! Finding the one perfect attire for your D-day can be exciting and nerve-wracking. However, picking out dresses for your bridesmaids can be equally confusing.
From maxi dresses to velvet gowns, bridesmaid dresses make a big style statement in the couture department. The global market size for bridal wear retail stands at 1 billion for 2020, and the bridesmaid collection forms a significant chunk of it.
Depending on the style of your wedding, whether it’s inclining more on the elegant side or more towards fun and chic, you can pick an apt dress for your lovely bridesmaids. So, what are the bridesmaid dressing trends reigning this wedding season?
Up-and-Coming Bridesmaid Dress Trends
When we jump back to the 80s or 90s or early 2000s, options for the dresses for a bridesmaid were pretty much limited. However, times have changed, and so has fashion. Here are a few trends which stood out, which you need to check now!
Length of the Dress
- High Slit Dress: Dresses with slits add a touch of drama to it, without a doubt. High slits are not only ultra-feminine but also very much in trend for bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Peony Dress: A flared peony dress is the perfect mix of elegance and style for your bridesmaids to hit the wedding party. These patterns are different from the usual and best for summer weddings.
- Short Lengths: If you want your BFFs to adorn a cute yet sassy look at your wedding, then short dresses are a big hit today.
- Maxi Dress: An off-shoulder or a one-neck maxi dress can do wonders for your bridesmaids on your special day. Maxi dresses in combination with luxe fabrics like velvet are the epitome of elegance and class.
Shades to Choose From
- Neutrals: Minimalism is an in-thing for wedding fashion today. It goes for the bridesmaids too. Muted and nude tones like champagne, ivory, off-whites create a crisp and airy look for dresses. Pairing it with different shades of neutrals can create a whole new look for your bridesmaids.
- Bold: Vibrant hues and shades always create a statement at wedding parties. So, why not opt for bright shades that can be the biggest dose of sunshine at your wedding.
- Pastels: Mix and match of pastel shades are in trend for a bridesmaid dressing style. Pastel shade couture is lively and will create a pretty picture with your girl squad.
- Corals: Different shades of corals are in-trend for bridesmaid gowns and dresses now. These bold yet subtle shades would pop out alongside a white wedding dress, creating a statement for itself.
- Velvet: Bridesmaid dresses designed in velvet offer the perfect blend of sophistication and luxe. Picking out these fabrics for the bridesmaid’s dresses in alluring shades of wine or blush would add an extra charm to your wedding picture.
- Chiffon: These airy fabrics are perfect for your girl squad running around to make your day the most special. Simple chiffon-style dresses are not only a comfy option for your girl gang but also add a trendy element to the entire look.
- Satin: Same as velvet, satin is an embodiment of class and grandeur. So, if your wedding is an extravagant affair, why not pick an equally luxurious bridesmaid dress for your partners in crime?
It is time to brush up on the newest bridesmaid dressing trends to make your squad look and feel their best at your wedding.
From flaunting your best style to celebrating your bond, pick the best bridesmaid dresses for your girls today!