RRB NTPC exam selects candidates for various non-technical posts in the Indian Railway. The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts this exam every year.
Anyone who has cleared class 12th or completed graduation can sit for the exam. Go through the eligibility criteria mentioned on RRB’s official website before filling out the form.
RRB NTPC 2022 is conducted in two phases – CBT1 and CBT 2. Both of them are written tests. After appearing for CBT 1 and CBT 2, you are required to have a skill test, medical examination, document verification, before the final selection is made.
The preparation for every competitive exam begins with knowing the correct syllabus. The syllabus dictates the clear direction to proceed. Fortunately, both CBT 1 as well as CBT 2 have the same syllabus and topics. The only difference is the number of questions that are asked.
In CBT 1 exam, the number of questions asked has been given below. Check out the subject wise RRB NTPC Syllabus in this article.
Mathematics – 30
Intelligence and reasoning – 30
General knowledge – 40
Total questions – 100
In CBT 2 exam, the number of questions asked is –
Mathematics – 35
Intelligence and reasoning – 35
General knowledge – 50
Total questions – 120
Mathematics Syllabus for RRB NTPC Exam CBT 1 and CBT 2
- Number system
- HCF and LCM
- BODMAS rule
- Simple and compound interest
- Ratio, proportions, and percentage
- Profit and loss
- Decimals and fractions
- Work and energy
- Time and distance
- Elementary algebra
- Problems with age calculation
- Matrices and indices
- Problems on mixtures
- Simplification and approximation
General Reasoning Syllabus for RRB NTPC Exam CBT 1 and CBT 2
- Coding and decoding
- Missing number series
- Missing alphabets series
- Mathematical operations
- Blood relations
- Clock and calendar-based questions
- Direction and distance-based questions
- Cube-based questions
- Analogies and analytical reasoning
- Unjumbling the words
- Data and graph interpretation
- Venn diagrams
- Similarities and difference spotting
- Decision making
- Logical puzzles
- Statement and conclusions
General Awareness Syllabus for RRB NTPC Exam CBT 1 and CBT 2
- All national and international current affairs
- Art and culture
- Indian heritage and literature
- Sports, trophies, and national games
- Indian History
- Indian and world Geography
- General Science
- Indian Economy
- Political system and constitution of India
- Important organisations of the world – WHO, UN, WTO, etc.
- Environmental issues of major concerns in India and the world
- Basic Computer topics
- Basic abbreviation
- Famous personalities
- Government schemes
- Transportation in India
- Important awards and their winners
- Famous books and authors
- Countries and their capital
- Inventions and discoveries
Skill Test for RRB NTPC Exam
After appearing for CBT1 and CBT 2 exams, candidates need to appear for a skill test where their typing abilities are judged. Typing a test doesn’t add any score to your final merit list, but it is important to qualify for this test.
For this, the candidates must be efficient at typing 30 words per minute (English) or 25 words per minute (Hindi). Typing test is necessary for the post of –
- Junior clerk typist
- Junior account assistant typist
- Junior timekeeper
- Accounts clerk typist
- Senior clerk typist
- Senior timekeeper
Medical Examination for RRB NTPC Exam
Candidates have to ensure that they are medically fit to perform their duties effectively. For this, RRB conducts a fitness test in which visual acuity measurement, which means, the visibility power of your eyes, is one of the major testing benchmarks.
More information on this examination can be gathered from the official website of RRB.
Read More: What is MPSC?
Best Books to Prepare for RRB NTPC Exam
- Arihant GK by Manohar Pandey
- Logical reasoning by Lucent Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical reasoning by MK Pandey
- Quickest Maths by Kiran Publications
- NCERT books – class 9th to 12th
- Newspapers – The Hindu, Times of India
- BYJU’S Exam Prep Kit – all-in-one complete study material
RRB NTPC exam is a good choice for candidates wishing for a secure government job in non-technical railway departments. The right preparation strategy plus dedicated hard work is all you need to succeed in this exam.
To get an extra edge in your preparation phase, you can count on BYJU’S exam prep kit which has everything you need to clear the RRB NTPC exam with the best scores.
Stay Connect with our education blogs .