Fashion Designing is a specialised discipline that involves utilising a range of design techniques, processes and principles to craft stylish, stunning, distinct and functional clothing ranging from casual wear to haute couture, accessories & other fashion items.
Fashion Designer is accountable for the entire production process including research, conceptualisation, ideation, sketching, pattern or texture making, colouring, prototyping, draping, garment construction, budgeting, marketing, retailing & distribution, sales & merchandising etc. They should be able to translate latest fashion trends and consumer demands into designs. They must be proficient in working with varied materials and techniques besides being excellent in communication, networking & business skills. They must be able to collaborate with different professionals such as textile manufacturers, retailers, distributors, merchandisers etc. along with being capable of marketing their designs effectively.
Reasons to study Bachelors in Fashion Design:
Bachelors in Fashion Design can help the aspirants in the following manner:
- Develop advanced capabilities: Bachelors in Fashion Design will help in developing progressive artistic & technical competencies including crafting innovative concepts, pattern cutting, incorporating intricate details & designs, garment construction, pattern making, prototyping and print placement etc. Besides an understanding of their end consumers, the aspirants must possess knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary techniques, processes, technologies and tools & understanding of fashion trends etc. Furthermore, they should be adept in use of latest software like CAD, AI, CLO 3D etc., excellent in managing finances & marketing of the products etc., which will aid them in differentiating themselves in the competitive fashion industry.
- Knowledge of fabrics and materials: Bachelors in Fashion Design will mentor aspirants in understanding of range of fabrics, its different types & properties, textures and patterns, various materials available in the market and different kinds of stitches & embroidery etc. This enhanced understanding of construction of fabric will enable students to articulate their ideas in a better manner.
- Ease of commencing entrepreneurial journey: The bachelors program will equip students with capabilities in managing finances, targeting the right audience, developing marketing, distribution, product & pricing strategies, executing sales & merchandising tactics, basically training them with business knowledge so that they can setup their business & unveil their own brands.
- Networking: Bachelors in Fashion Design ensures umpteen prospects for aspirants to engage with professionals from fashion industry such as fashion stylists, fashion designers, merchandisers, buyers etc. This will enable them to build their networks and will help them get a preview of the discipline besides a foothold in the fashion world, securing of jobs, internships & collaborations.
- Multi-discipline opportunities: Bachelors in Fashion Design will help build capabilities in aspirants regarding the entire production process, which entails researching, ideation of unique concepts, identifying the right material, constructing the necessary fabric in apt colour, pattern, & texture, prototyping, to selecting the correct vendor, merchandiser, buyer etc. along with comprehension of distribution, marketing, budgeting, sales & retailing etc. Thus students are equipped to accept any related opportunities like Fashion Designing, Textile Designing, Merchandising, Jewellery Designing, Buying, Accessory Designing, Marketing etc.
- Lucrative professional career: Fashion industry is glamourous, vibrant & dynamic. Every day new challenges, learnings & excitements and researching of new fashion trends ensures good exposure. The industry offers plenty travel opportunities to gain insights from fashion events, trade meets & interaction with different fashion designers besides engaging with people from various walks of life.
What’s keeping you from registering now for Bachelor in fashion design?