Last Updated on November 27, 2022 by Faiza Murtaza
If you have chosen to set up a Linksys smart Wi-Fi extender to expand the existing wireless range in your home, then you have made a wise decision. But, what happened? Are you in trouble? Is your Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi range extender blinking red? If the answer is yes, then this post has been penned up for you. Here, we have provided you with different troubleshooting hacks to get rid of the issue you are facing. By the time you will reach the end of this article, you’ll have a bright smile on your face as you’ll successfully be able to fix the issue at hand. Continue reading.
Resolved: Linksys Extender Blinking Red
Reboot Your Linksys Extender
Let’s start with rebooting your Linksys smart Wi-Fi range extender. It will help your extender to get rid of technical glitches (if it is one of the reasons behind the red light issue). If you’re a novice and don’t know how to reboot your Linksys smart Wi-Fi range ext., then here are the simplified steps:
- Disconnect the client devices connected to the wireless network of your Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi extender.
- Now, press the Power button on your extender.
- Let your Linksys ext. relax for some time.
- Afterward, press the Power button again in order to turn on your extender.
Once your extender is rebooted properly, check whether your Linksys range extender is still blinking red or not. If it is, then don’t panic. Have a glance at the next troubleshooting hack.
Check the Wired Connection
Chances are that the Ethernet cable you have used to connect your Linksys range extender and router has undergone damage that has led you to the issue you are currently facing. So, check for the same. If our assumption comes true, don’t wait to replace the Ethernet cable with a new one.
Also, make sure that the Ethernet cable is properly connected to the ports of your Linksys range ext. and router.
Perform Firmware Update
Do you regularly update the firmware of your Linksys range ext.? No? Oops! You’ve found another reason behind the Linksys ext. blinking red light issue. Therefore, get the firmware of your Linksys ext. updated as soon as possible. Below-mentioned is the process to update the Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi range extender’s firmware:
- Open a web browser on your PC and download the firmware file for your Linksys ext. at a convenient location.
- Now, launch a new tab and access the Linksys extender login page.
- Log in to your Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi range extender using the default admin details.
- As soon as you reach the Linksys extender setup wizard, click the Firmware Update option under the Administration section.
- Now, choose the firmware file and click Open.
- Wait patiently and let your Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi range ext. get updated.
In this way, you can update the firmware of your Linksys smart Wi-Fi range ext.
Relocate Your Extender
If performing firmware update bears no result, then your extender might be overheating. Well, that might have happened because your extender is placed in a congested place. To get the issue fixed, relocate your extender and place it in a well-ventilated room. But, placing the extender in an airy room will be of no use if you don’t clean it regularly. Therefore, also keep your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender clean.
Apart from that, place it away from devices emitting radio-waves, floors, concrete walls, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces. Doing so will prevent the Wi-Fi signals of your Linksys ext. from being diverted.
Reset the Linksys Extender
Followed all the aforementioned hacks and still no luck? Don’t be sad. You can perform Linksys extender reset . Doing so will restore your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender to the factory default settings and make you free from the issue you are currently facing.
Have a glance at the steps to reset your Linksys smart Wi-Fi range ext.:
- Ensure that your Linksys device is receiving fluctuation-free electricity.
- Once assured, start looking for the Reset button on your Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi ext.
- Now, grab a paper clip or a pin and press the Reset button using it.
- Your Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi extender will get restored to the factory default settings.
Now, set up your extender from scratch by accessing the web-based setup page.
Linksys smart WiFi range extenders are wonderful networking devices. But, your internet usage experience can be ruined if the extender is blinking red. We hope that the aforementioned hacks will bring you success in resolving the issue you were facing.